Canaan Calling

I feel it. Most Christians do, to some extent. It is Jesus calling Peter out of the boat. It is God telling Joshua to begin the possession of the promised land by marching in circles around Jericho. God has great plans for us all. Are you willing to leave the boat and do the impossible?

Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

I like safety. I like comfort. God is teaching me to release both of those and venture into the wild. That is where He is. That is where the river of his Spirit is flowing. That is where I have to be -- the Holy Wild -- Living on the edge of God's will.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Pushing Through Road Blocks

I did not realize until this morning how prophetic that word "derailed" was for me personally.

This week has been good and hard.

I have enjoyed rereading the book, I have been encouraged by some pod casts I listen to, I have grown during some times of prayer and meditation.

At the same time, I have been aggravated at someone all week. I have been really (I mean REALLY) tempted to take advantage of a situation at work - I'll tell you the story tonight, this morning I woke up with some bad thoughts in my head, on the way to work, I really started feeling sick - dizzy, nauseous, etc., and at work there is this big tub of fruit turnovers to eat!

Pure and simply, the attacks of the enemy have run the gambit, but they have been subtle. I did not realize it all until this morning.

Do not let the enemy throw road blocks into your path. I really believe God is up to something. I feel like I am progressing, but slowly - as if wading through waist deep mud and muck. But I see hope on the horizon.

So I am asking you to press on with me. Let's break through the road blocks together. This is a communal faith we have after all - we need each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home