Canaan Calling

I feel it. Most Christians do, to some extent. It is Jesus calling Peter out of the boat. It is God telling Joshua to begin the possession of the promised land by marching in circles around Jericho. God has great plans for us all. Are you willing to leave the boat and do the impossible?

Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

I like safety. I like comfort. God is teaching me to release both of those and venture into the wild. That is where He is. That is where the river of his Spirit is flowing. That is where I have to be -- the Holy Wild -- Living on the edge of God's will.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

1 Samuel 4

I wonder how significant the names are in this story?
· Ebenezer – stone of help
· Aphek – enclosure
· Shiloh – place of rest
· Ichabod – no glory

v. 3. Were the Israelite treating the Ark like some kind of magic talisman? How often do we treat God like a genie in a bottle - bringing him out when trouble is brewing, hoping He will pop out and rescue us? Then, we can tuck him away again and go about our business.

v. 13. Why didn’t Eli stop them from taking the Ark? Why didn’t he seek God about what they should do next? Had he given up? Was he just a weak-willed, spineless, placating, pacifier? When confronted with a crowd, do I cave in to fit in?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home