Canaan Calling

I feel it. Most Christians do, to some extent. It is Jesus calling Peter out of the boat. It is God telling Joshua to begin the possession of the promised land by marching in circles around Jericho. God has great plans for us all. Are you willing to leave the boat and do the impossible?

Name:
Location: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States

I like safety. I like comfort. God is teaching me to release both of those and venture into the wild. That is where He is. That is where the river of his Spirit is flowing. That is where I have to be -- the Holy Wild -- Living on the edge of God's will.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Don’t Get Derailed

It is easy to get derailed. Is this extra work, this needy person, this profitable deal, this pain a blessing from God or a distraction from Satan? It can be difficult to tell the difference.

I know it is hard to commit your Friday's to a Bible study. We all have lots to do. And I'll bet this week you have several extra reasons to stay home and relax. But don't.

I really believe God is doing some great stuff and He wants us in on the action. I have been reading the chapter and I have heard an incredible sermon on the same subject. I feel God is really preparing something for us - I really do.

I have had my distractions too - sin is at the door, depression and anxiety is creeping in, frustration at work is mounting. I have to take it to God. I can't let it win. I can't allow the momentary troubles of this earthly world keep me from receiving the blessings of the heavenly world.

And if you are really struggling, may I suggest 3 other things? First, fast on Friday. Every time you feel hungry, pray. When you go on your lunch break, read your Bible and pray. Second, find a prayer partner who will lift you up daily & who you can openly talk to about your stuff. Third, invite a friend to come along. If we are discussing the best news ever, maybe our friends would want to know too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home